.........


.

.



Les Miserables

Now...what would anybody think on seeing 'From My Lounger' - probably that - this gal's such a movie freak..insane romantic comedy lover?? dumb movieholic(forgive me if there isn't any such word )..! There are definitely more things, I do from my lounger than see movies all day long (even though thats what I've done recently :P ) like read books, magazines,newspapers.... I like literature too..infact it has been my First Love :) So....Tadaa.... Here comes my first book review..
There are so many good books that I could write about,but the reason I chose to write about 'Les Miserables' is that it was the first real novel that I read..(if i remember right) Way back in class 6 , we had an excerpt from this book as Lesson 1 in English.. Since the story was abruptly finished, I had a strong urge to read the full story....
The protagonist, Jean Valjean, is sentenced to prison for 19 years for stealing a loaf of bread. After his release, Valjean plans to rob Monseigneur Myriel, a saintlike bishop, but cancels his plan. However, he forfeits his parole by committing a minor crime, and for this crime Valjean is haunted by the police inspector Javert. Valjean eventually reforms and becomes under the name of M. Madeleine a successful businessman, benefactor, and mayor of a northern town. To save an innocent man, Valjean gives himself up and is imprisoned in Toulon. He escapes and adopts Cosette, an illegitimate child of a poor woman, Fantine. Cosette grows up and falls in love with Marius, who is wounded during a revolutionary fight. Valjean rescues Marius by means of a flight through the sewers of Paris. Cosette and Marius marry and Valjean reveals his past.

It is indeed a gripping story ,having a multitude of subplots which were,needless to say, comprehendible to my class 6 brain.
The story has been filmed several times and made into a musical too. From what other people say,the musical seems like something that shouldn't be missed!
For the first time ever , Book,music,and movie review all in one post !!So whatcha waiting for grab a copy if it isn;t read yet!

4 stars for the book !

0 comments: